I’m so excited about Sulcata tortoises! They are so cute but I have to remember that they will get big. Now here are some facts about Sulcata tortoises!
- Another name for sulcata tortoise is African spurred tortoise.
- They are from the Southern edge of the Sahara desert in Northern Africa.
- The Sulcata tortoise is the largest main land tortoise.
- They dig up burrows at around 30 inches deep, some as deep as 10 feet under ground. But if we get them we wont let them dig are back yard up!
- Baby sulcata tortoises are 2-3 inches but they double there size in growth each of the first 3 years. But adults are usually 24 to 36 inches long and weigh 100 to 200 pounds. They live about 50 to 150 years long.
- When they eat, 75% of their diet should be grass.
I think that sulcata tortoises are a cool idea but i hope my family if we do get a tortoise that we can give it good food and a good place to live. I hope we can get the sulcata tortoise but before its yes I have to do more research so we can provide a good home. I think that a tortoise would be hard but they are very cute and there housing is easy. I’ve seen so many cute pictures about baby sulcata tortoises they we’re so adorable the big ones are cute to. I love tortoises!